Cash Advance Apps That Work With Prepaid Cards – Cash advance apps, work best with checking or savings bank accounts, which means that prepaid cards are not accepted as a method of deposit/withdrawal by default.
However, a few of these fintech companies have made an exception by agreeing to work with non-bank users, ensuring that users can use a prepaid card instead of a traditional bank account and still be eligible for cash advances.
I’m sure you’ve come to see if the cash advance apps you’ve chosen accept prepaid and credit cards. Since that’s what this page is about, just stay with me as I walk you through the list of prepaid card-accepting payday loans and cash advance apps.
Recommended > 8 Best Instant Cash Advance Apps That Work With Chime
Can I Get a Cash Advance on a Prepaid Credit Card?
Yes, you can get a cash advance on a prepaid credit card. A prepaid credit card can be used to get a cash advance. Getting a cash advance on a prepaid credit card is both possible and simple. Because prepaid credit cards are loaded with money by the cardholder, no credit check is required when using them to obtain a cash advance.
Can You Get a Cash Advance With a Prepaid Debit Card?
Yes, you can use your debit card to get a cash advance. A debit card cash advance is different from the credit card method, Instead of adding funds, a debit card cash advance withdraws that money directly from your checking account.
What Cash Advance Apps Let You Borrow Money With Prepaid Card?
Dave, Empower, Dailypay, Sofimoney, are some of the cash advance apps that allow you to borrow money with ease and not worry about the prepaid card limitations.
How Can I Get a Cash Advance Without a Bank Account?
While there aren’t many ways to get cash advance now with no bank account, there are some cash advance apps that allow you to receive your eligible cash advance using your prepaid bank, To do this you have to:
- Find a firm that will provide a cash advance without the need for a bank account.
- Apply for the cash advance via the app or site.
- Use your prepaid credit or debit card to receive the approved advance.
List of cash advance apps that accept prepaid cards
Dave is an app that gives its users a cash advance of up to $250 before the arrival of their next paycheck and instead of interest, dave asks for a TIP.
Dave app supports the use of prepaid cards and works with various kinds of cards, which means connecting credit or debit cards to your bank account is possible. Reloadable prepaid cards, Open-loop prepaid cards, and Brinks prepaid master cards are Some of the prepaid cards you can link to the dave app.
Here is how you can link your prepaid card to the dave app;
- Navigate to the Dave app and Login into your account.
- Go to profile and Search for linked banks and cards.
- Select linked cards and then choose add card.
- Add your prepaid card and press confirm.
And that’s it, you just linked your prepaid card and When you link a prepaid card to your dave app, you can withdraw your approved cash advance to it and it arrives within the next 24-72 hours.
there is a free version of the app that is available to everyone, but if you want to enjoy all the benefits you need to take things further by paying the monthly fee of $1.99.
Empower is a payday loan app that empowers its user with up to $100 interest-free, and No interest, cash advance in between paychecks to sort out urgent needs. The Empower experience is free for the first 14 days, then $8 is usually charged per month after your 14-day free trial period.
Empower accepts debit and credit prepaid cards. Alternatively, users can open an Empower Card through Empower and avoid overdraft fees, With the Empower card you get free instant delivery of your Empower Cash Advance, Get paid up to 2 days faster, Score cashback up to 10%, and Get free access to 37,000 MoneyPass ATMs.
How you can link your prepaid card to Empower;
- Navigate to the empower app and Login into your account.
- Go to the Analysis page of your app.
- scroll down to the Accounts section.
- Click on the + icon on the upper right.
- You will see a section to add your card details.
- Provide the details and booyah!
Once linked you can now deposit your cash advance directly to your linked prepaid card!
Dailypay is another payday loan app that works with prepaid cards and debit card. With this employees can use it to pay bills, build savings, invest money, buy goods and services, and more ensuring that DailyPay users have more control over their finances and can stress less about their futures.
With dailypay, employees can gain early access to 100% of their earned wages in a pay period with no late fees, no overdraft fees, no repayments fees, and no interest fees. This makes it a good option for someone who needs a larger advance than what the traditional cash advance offers.
How to link your prepaid card to Dailypay?
- Navigate to the empower app and Login into your account.
- on the left side of the screen click Settings in the drop-down list.
- In the Debit Cards section, select the ‘Add New Debit Card’.
- A new page will open where you can add a new debit card.
N.B For security reasons, you will be asked to confirm the addition by entering your account login password and receiving a code to your phone number on file.
FlexWage provides employees early access to a portion of their earned wages prior to payday when cash flow challenges arise. Flexwage users can receive a cash advance of up to 70% to 80% of earned income that arrives Instant or up to 2 business days and there is a $3 per transaction.
In addition to advances, it has financial wellness services, including access to a coach to help build savings and manage your money. Flexwage supports prepaid cards. Alternatively, employees can opt for the reloadable Flexwage Card that gives employees immediate access to their pay on payday.
Although doesn’t offer a cash advance via app, Sofimoney users can get cash advance a minimum cash advance amount of $40 which is to be withdrawn through an ATM. There is also a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% per transaction.
Sofimoney app supports the use of prepaid cards, but your prepaid card must have a routing and account number associated with it so that you can link that to SoFi Money.
How to link your prepaid card to Sofimoney?
- Log into your SoFi Money Account and select ‘More.’
- Select ‘Debit Card’ to activate.
- Select ‘Add Card to Wallet’
- Confirm Info on the screen is accurate and click ‘Next’. A confirmation will prompt between SoFi and your phone wallet to validate the connection.
- ‘Agree’ to the Terms and Conditions for your Mobile Payment services.
- The screen will automatically transition to ‘Adding Card’ to Wallet.
N.B Once completed, you may receive a push notification confirming the add to your mobile wallet.
There we have a list of cash advance apps that support prepaid cards. So if you do not use a bank account and are looking for a cash advance that will accept your prepaid card then this article is exactly what you do need, lets’s have a quick recap of the apps we listed:
- Dave – Works with prepaid and debit cards.
- Empower – Supports the use of prepaid cards and also has its own card.
- Dailypay – Accept prepaid credit and debit cards.
- Flexwage – has its own prepaid card and works with other prepaid cards.
- Sofimoney – This allows the use of prepaid cards through ATM points.
- Other notable mentions are Kora and Vola.
If you use any of the cash advance apps listed above, you should be able to easily link your prepaid card to it; otherwise, you can start using either of them.
If you have any problems linking your card, please contact us via the comment section or the respective platform’s official customer service.