Afterpay is an online application that offers Buy Now, Pay Later service to the people of the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
Afterpay works such that your payment is split into four installments with no interest. The first one which is 25% of the total amount has to be paid initially after shopping. While the remaining three installments can be paid within the next 6 weeks.
When it has to do with reimbursing the afterpay installments, you must have a payment source. This payment source can either be an eligible debit card or a bank account.
If as a chime customer, you are already looking for an answer to the question “Does Afterpay Accept Chime?”
Look no further, This article will provide you with all the needed answers to the question “can I use afterpay with chime”? stick with me while I walk you through.
Recommended > Does Affirm Accept Chime Bank and Debit Card?
Does Afterpay Accept Chime?
Yes, Afterpay accepts Chime as a means of payment. As a result, if you have Chime and use it as your bank you can connect it and use it to pay back your Afterpay loan when the time comes.
Does Afterpay Accept Chime Cards?
Yes, Afterpay accepts and works with Chime debit cards. That is to say, you can link your Chime Visa debit card to Afterpay, which can then be used to pay back the loan when it’s time.
Is Paying With My Chime Bank Account Secure?
You can use your Chime bank account to make afterpay payments safely. The simple and secure account linking offered by afterpay, powered by Plaid, makes this feasible.
Things to Know Before Using Chime With Afterpay
Despite the fact that Chime and Afterpay operate so well together, there are certain concerns to examine before linking the two services.
- Afterpay only accepts checking accounts, not savings accounts.
- You can use your chime bank account to pay at Checkout, make payments on existing orders, or make scheduled payments.
- Afterpay uses plaid protection, There All payments made with your chime bank or card are safe.
- You cannot use your chime bank account to pay in-store at this time. If you attempt to pay with a bank account in-store, Afterpay will default to your saved (chime) debit or another credit card.
- When you pay with your chime bank, it may take 2-5 business days to process, until cleared it will appear as ‘Pending’ on your Afterpay account.
How to Add a Chime Bank to Afterpay?
The steps listed below can be easily used to link your Chime Bank to Afterpay.
- Launch the app or website, and go to ”Settings.”
- While in the ”Settings” Click on ”Payment methods.”
- Now choose the “Add payment method” button.
- Click on “Bank account.”
- Then link your Chime Bank account to Afterpay using your login information (you don’t need to provide your routing or account numbers!)
How Do I Link a Chime Debit Card to Afterpay?
The following steps must be taken in order to connect your Chime debit card to Afterpay.
- Launch the app or website.
- Select My Account
- Select the icon that looks like a card, i.e., the billing section.
- Select the “Add Payment method”
- Provide your required chime debit card details.
- Then set it as the preferred card.
Note that Afterpay will temporarily place a $3 or less authorization hold on the card you add to your account in order to verify it. (These payments should be removed from your payment method within a few business days because they were never really applied to your account.)
How to Use Chime Bank to Shop or Make Payments?
To use your chime bank account to make payments or carry out a shopping requires you must have set it as the ‘preferred card’ so that when you want to make a checkout it will be the default option.
Alternatively, you can choose your bank account for future payments by using the steps below:
- Go to My Afterpay
- Select “Orders”
- Select an upcoming payment
- On the payment selection, select your chime bank account to update your payment method
How to Use Chime Card to Make Payments on Afterpay?
After adding your Chime debit card to your Afterpay account, you can easily use it to make payments.
- Log in to your Afterpay account and go to “Account.”
- There you’ll see all your pending payments.
- Click on the one you wish to make payment for.
- Select your Chime card.
- Confirm the procedure and wait for the payment confirmation message to appear.
How to Delete a Linked Chime Debit Card From Afterpay?
The steps listed below should be followed if you want to delete a linked Chime debit card from your Afterpay account:
Log in to your account via the app/website.
- Select “My Account.”
- Click on “Billing” (Icon is a credit card).
- Select Remove Card from the menu.
- And your linked chime debit card will be deleted in seconds.
Please note that you won’t be able to remove the preferred card on your account or when it has associated orders yet to be paid off.
In order to remove your current “preferred card,” you must first change it and update your orders. Then, you can remove the card.
You Might Want to Know > Does Klarna Accept Chime Bank and Card? [Best Alternatives]
Conclusion on Does Afterpay Use Chime
That is it, that is all you need to know regarding the topic “does afterpay accept chime?”
I promised to provide an answer as to whether you can use chime with Afterpay, and I did so as well as a step-by-step instruction on how to link both of them, as well as other pertinent information that was supplied throughout this article.
For all Chime customers, you now know that your Chime bank or card is compatible with Afterpay, or better still, you can choose to use your Chime debit card to make payments in Afterpay.