Chime is an online bank that provides banking services to its users, While Acorns on the other hand is an online bank under the auspices of Lincoln Savings Bank that offers financial services to its customers such as money-earning instruments, and digital banking.
The huge similarity between Chime and Acorns is definitely one of the reasons users of both fintech companies have brought the question; “Does Chime works with Acorns.”
If that’s why you are here also, that’s fine as this article will act as a guide to provide you with all the necessary info, details, and answers to the question of “Can You Link Chime to Acorns?”
Does Chime Work With Acorns?
Yes, Chime works well with Acorns. This is possible because chime wants to make sure its users are investing all of their leftover change even if it’s a dollar bill and since Acorns offers such an opportunity the users of chime can easily use acorns and chime.
Can I Link Chime With Acorns?
Yes, you can link chime with acorns. Provided you have an account with both organizations, As a chime user, you can easily link your Chime with your acorns. That is to say, Once you are registered with chime, you can link your Chime account details to your Acorns account and deposit into your acorn account from Chime seamlessly.
Is It Safe to Link Bank Account to Acorns?
Yes, it is safe to link chime or other bank accounts to Acorns. Acorns is an FDIC-insured Spend account, Both the website and app are secured with 256-bit encryption. This means your personal and financial information can only be accessed by you and Acorns.
How Can I Link Chime With Acorns?
We’ve established the fact that it is possible to link your Chime with Acorns. The outlined steps below, is the best possible way to get it done:
- On your mobile device, Launch the Acorns app.
- Click on the “menu” located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Next, click on “settings.”
- Click on the “linked Account”
- Click on change “primary account.”
- To view the list of banks, type 123 into the search box.
- If you can’t find your bank, click on “Don’t see bank.”
- Click on “link with routing number and account number”
- Provide your Linking and routing number and then click on “link”.
- At this point, your acorns account should be successfully linked with chime.
N.B If you followed outlined process above and it doesn’t seem to work for you, do well to try it again, and if the error persists, please don’t hesitate to contact your chime or acorns customer care for further assistance.
What Bank Is Chime for Acorns?
The chime bank for acorns is The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, N.A.; Members FDIC.
What Is Acorn’s Routing Number?
When trying to link chime with acorns, you will be required to provide an acorns routing number to enable successful linking with both accounts. To save you the stress of looking for it, here is the correct Acorns routing number (073923033).
How to Find Acorns Routing and Account Number?
There are four types of acorns accounts and for every account are different ways for finding their account number, Although Finding the acorns account number is quite easy however since it might be your first time, kindly follow the instructions below;
- For Acorns Invest: If you’re using an Acorns investment, your account number can be found on your Invest monthly statement.
- Acorns Later: If you’re using Acorns Later, go to your Acorns account, and then to the Later starts today tab.
- Acorns Checking account: If you’re using an Acorns Checking account, your account number can be found in the Bank Smarter tab of your Acorns account.
- Acorns Early account: If you’re using an Acorns Early account, your account number can be found on your Early monthly statement.
Where to Find Acorns Account Number?
The Acorns routing number will be needed while linking chime with acorns, therefore it is good to know how to find/locate your acorns routing number, Even though it might be quite effortless it is best you follow the guide below since it might be your first attempt.
To find your acorns account number, do the following;
For mobile app users:
- Log into your acorns account and tap on “Bank Smarter”
- Click on the Settings Gear located in the right upper corner.
- You can now see your Acorns account number.
Web user, do the following:
- Go to Google Chrome and log in to Acorns.com
- Click on “Bank smarter”
- Click on the Settings Gear located in the upper right corner.
- You can now see your Acorns account number.
Can I Transfer Money From Chime to Acorns?
Yes, it is so possible to transfer money from your chime account to acorns. On the other hand, You can also set it to automatically transfer a stipulated amount at a certain time by activating the smart deposit. One thing to note is that, Due to the mandatory 2-day settlement period, It usually takes 3-6 business days to post into your checking account.
How to Transfer Money From Chime to Acorns to Account?
- To transfer money from chime to the acorns account, simply follow the steps below;
- Log into the Chime app and click “Move Money”
- Next, click on “Transfers.”
- Enter the username and password for your Acorn bank.
- Enter the amount to transfer.
- And tara!! your money should arrive in your acorn account within five business days.
Can I Withdraw Money From Acorns?
Yes, you have the choice to withdraw your funds from acorns at any moment. Be aware that there are tax consequences for early withdrawals or transfers from an IRA before retirement.
How Do You Withdraw Money From Acorns?
You can transfer money from Acorns to chime or any bank account following the simple steps below;
- Log into your Acorns account.
- Click on “Bank Smarter.”
- Click on the “Transfer” button.
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer.
- Select from: Acorns Checking Account.
- Select: Your linked primary checking account and tap or click on “Transfer.”
Will I Be Charged for Using Acorns
Yes, The use of acorns for transaction usually come with transactional charges, However, the fees charged by acorns are not fixed, but instead, it is within a feasible range.
You Might Like > How Does Chime Spot Me ATM Withdrawal Work?
An operational link exists between Chime and Acorns irrespective of the particular Acorn account (Checking account, Early account, Invest, and Later). You can make withdrawals and transfers with ease. You can also easily withdraw from over 55,000 Acorns ATMs located all over. However, there’s a limit for withdrawal transactions on the Acorns platform. You have a limit of $50,000.
I hope this article answered all your questions regarding if acorns is compatible with chime? if it does please share with your friends and with others who you think might find this very useful.