The U.S. government offers stimulus checks to taxpayers in an effort to strengthen the economy. These checks give individuals some more spending money, which encourages them to spend more and boosts sales at manufacturers and merchants.
These stimulus checks can be cashed at a credit union or any local bank even if you do not have an account with them. However, nothing beats the convenience and comfort of getting to deposit these stimulus checks at a more convenient time or from your comfort.
With the latest development of mobile banks that also offer check deposit service, it is ideal to ask whether or not there are some mobile banks that could offer you such service of cashing your stimulus checks.
Chime is one of the mobile banks that also offers a mobile check deposit service, Hence, if you use Chime Bank and are a recipient of the stimulus checks, you may wish to find out if Chime permits its customers to deposit stimulus checks and how it is done.
That is this article’s main goal, to answer the question of whether Chime accepts the deposit of stimulus checks while also giving you a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it and other information regarding the limit, processing time, service charge, etc. Come on, let’s go. Let’s get going…
Can I Deposit My Stimulus Check Into My Chime Account?
Yes, Chime allows its customers to safely and securely deposit stimulus checks received from the U.S government directly into their Chime account for free.
You can deposit your stimulus check to your chime account. If you receive a government stimulus payment as a paper check, you can deposit it safely and securely in your Chime account if you’re a Chime member.
Is It Safe to Deposit Stimulus Checks On Chime?
Stimulus checks deposited on chime are 100% safe and secure. Every chime transaction is completely secure, and the mobile check deposit is not an exception.
Requirements To Cash a Stimulus Check On Chime.
Before depositing your stimulus checks with Chime, there are a few to keep an eye out for, such as:
- Chime doesn’t accept Checks without a name on them, Ensure the name on the check matches your Chime Checking Account.
- If it is a joint stimulus check, ensure at least one filer’s name matches the name associated with the Chime Account.
- Make sure you sign the back of your paper check coupled with a “For a deposit to Chime only” that should be written under your signature.
- If it is a joint stimulus check, ensure that both of your signatures appear on the back of the check coupled with a “For a deposit to Chime only” that should be written under your signature.
How to Deposit a Stimulus Check to Chime?
To deposit a stimulus check on chime is quite easy if you follow the steps below:
- Open your Chime app and sign in.
- At the bottom of the screen, Click “Move Money.”
- On the move money page, Select “Mobile Check Deposit.”
- From the “Type of check” options, Choose “U.S treasury.”
- Follow the instructions outlined by the Chime app.
- Next, Enter the “Amount” as written on the check or what the check is worth.
- When prompted click on “Allow Chime to take pictures and record videos.”
- Take a “Picture of the front of the check” and Click “Use photo.”
- Next, “Sign the back of the check, take a picture of it” and Click “Use Photo.”
- Review and click “Deposit check.”
- Click “Got it.”
Tip: Once the stimulus checks deposit is submitted, it will show up under your pending transactions. Once it goes into pending, it might take a few hours or days for Chime to accept or reject the check.
Is the Chime Stimulus Check Deposit Instant?
No, chime mobile stimulus check deposit is not instant. Chime mobile check deposits are subject to verification, which explains why stimulus check deposits made using Chime mobile app are not always instantly accessible or withdrawable.
How Long Does Chime Take to Deposit a Stimulus Check
When you deposit a stimulus check, Chime usually gives you a time frame of when to expect the check deposited into your preferred account. If this is not the case, You can expect Chime to deposit most stimulus checks into your account between 3-5 business days.
However, If for any reason your stimulus check does not deposit within that time frame, you should not hesitate to contact Chime support.
Will I Get My Stimulus Check on My Chime Card?
As with all deposits, Chime makes your money available as soon as possible. However, there is no way of knowing if you can use your stimulus check on your Chime card.
What Is the Chime Stimulus Check Deposit Limit?
You have a $10,000 monthly deposit limit with the Chime check deposit feature, which allows you to deposit up to one check for $1,000 every 24 hours and up to ten checks worth $1,000 each every month.
Why Is Chime Not Depositing Stimulus Checks?
If you haven’t seen your direct deposit in your account, it may be Chime hasn’t received it yet. The moment chime deposits a stimulus check, you will receive a push notification and an email.
You Might Like > Best Check Cashing Apps Like Ingo Money
If you’re a Chime member, you can safely deposit your stimulus check using the mobile Chime mobile app. If you’re using a joint stimulus account, ensure that at least one name matches the name on your Chime account and that both signatures are on the back of the check.