Apps Like Chime – Since its launch in 2013, Chime has cemented itself as one of the most well-known online banking apps.
Chime’s approach was to assist consumers in transitioning away from the traditional banking system, in which you had to visit a physical branch to execute a transaction or handle a financial-related concern.
It not only allows users to bank from anywhere, but it also includes features such as cash advances, early bank deposit availability, freelance money management, cryptocurrency trading, and credit-building personal loans.
That is to say, with Chime, we have an online mobile banking app that offers banking solutions as well as tools to help customers stay comfortable financially.
Although Chime is well-known for being one of the most dependable mobile banking applications, there are some aspects that it lacks that may lead consumers to look out for other online banking apps like Chime.
This article is a collection of chime alternatives that you can try… Let us get started.
Recommended > 8 Best Money Lending Apps Like SoLo Funds For Quick Loan
Are There Online Banks Like Chime?
Yes, there are other online banks like chime; Sofi, Ally, Current, Axos, Varo, and Schwab are just a few examples of mobile banking apps like chime that you may trust just as much as you trust chime because some of them have functionality that chime does not.
What App Is Similar to Chime?
If you’re looking for an app similar to Chime, Axos and Ally Bank are exactly what you should be looking out for. These two chime competitors provide remarkable in-demand services as well as great rewards for online banking.
Is There a Better Bank Than Chime?
Sofi definitely is that app similar to chime. Based in San Francisco sofi is a chime alternative that provides users with financial products including student and auto loan refinancing, mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, investing, and banking through both mobile app and desktop.
Based in San Francisco Sofi is an American online personal finance bank app like chime that gives you the best of checking and savings in one account. The chime alternative provides users with financial products including student and auto loan refinancing, mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, investing, and banking through both mobile app and desktop interfaces.
Sofi does not have a physical location, but it works with Wells Fargo and many smaller banks to ensure that every money deposit transaction made through the app is FDIC insured.
To make a loan application on Sofi A credit score of at least 680 is necessary, while this is not required at sign-up. You can, on the other hand, You can also use the app and website to apply for loans, monitor your credit, invest, and do other things.
- SoFi members have access to career coaching and financial advice.
- Mobile Check Deposit is made available.
- No account fees.
- Worldwide access to over 55,000 fee-free ATMs.
- Vaults allows for goal-based savings.
- Deposit by direct deposit.
- Bill payment automation.
- A loan requires a decent credit score.
- Before you may apply for a loan, you must earn up to $100,000 annually.
- A limited number of marketable securities.
Ally, like Chime, is a full-service online bank that offers many more benefits with its adaptable all-in-one feature set. Because Ally does not charge overdraft fees, you can do anything from banking to investing to acquiring a home loan and auto finance.
All deposits made at Ally Bank are FDIC insured, which ensures they are secure and protected. Ally, on the other hand, provides IRA retirement accounts, money market accounts, CDs, and house, auto, and personal loans. It also offers paper checks, whereas Chime does not.
Ally offers similar savings account APYs to Chime and also pays interest on checking accounts. Furthermore, if you need to start or supplement an emergency fund, Ally can help you calculate how much you should save and ensure that you can set up your savings account in only a few clicks.
- Deposit accounts have no monthly fees.
- Savings and check deposit accounts have high interest rates.
- Excellent saving tools and features.
- There are no balance requirements.
- A large network of fee-free ATMs.
- There are no cash deposits.
- Money market accounts provide a low interest rate.
- A “soft” credit check is required.
Current is a highly rated mobile app similar to Chime that lets you to easily make cash deposits at over 60,000 partner locations, as well as up to $100 in free overdraft protection and up to 15x cashback points in over 14,000 retail stores.
In addition to its 30-day free trial, Current offers a premium account for $4.99 a month that includes three savings pots instead of just one, a conspicuous black card, and access to early direct deposits.
Current provides a dependable checking account service that is aimed to improve the speed and ease of banking. It also allows users to access direct-deposit cash up to two days faster than traditional banks.
- A free 30-day trial for the first time.
- Direct deposits can arrive two days faster.
- The rewards program provides up to 15 times payback.
- $100 in free overdraft.
- At petrol stations, it provides quick gas-hold removal.
- ATM withdrawals are free.
- Check deposit through mobile device.
- Banking for Teens available.
- A $4.99 monthly membership fee is required for premium accounts.
- Only premium accounts provide overdraft protection.
- Money held in pods earns no interest.
- Customer service by phone is only available throughout the week.
4. Axos Bank
Axos Bank is a full-service online bank app like to chime for android that offers checking, savings, and money market accounts, as well as CDs, loans, and investment possibilities. The company is headquartered in San Diego, California and operates in three locations: Las Vegas, Nevada, and Columbus, Ohio.
You may earn up to 1.00 percent APY with Axos Bank’s Rewards Checking, which is a tiered interest rate account that requires only a $50 minimum deposit to create. The online bank provides checking incentives, as well as ATM charge reimbursements and a competitive APY on savings.
- There are no overdraft fees.
- There are no monthly maintenance expenses.
- There are no minimum balance requirements.
- Every day, interest is accrued.
- Certificate of deposit interest rate average
- There are no physical branches.
- Savings rates are falling.
Varo is without a doubt one of the greatest chime options available. Because it recently obtained its own banking charter, Varo no longer needs to rely on partner banks. This makes it dependable for checking, savings, and credit-building accounts.
Varo is ideal for people who want to use mobile banking but do not need to make cash deposits. Varo has nearly no fees, therefore there are no monthly maintenance fees, transfer fees, or international transaction fees.
Varo accounts provide a competitive 0.50% APY for savings, compared to regular banks’ 0.06%, and if you have a balance of $5,000 or less, you may get a stunning 5.00% APY when you receive direct deposits of $1,000 or more each month.
Direct deposit accounts are also eligible for $100 cash advances, or you can sign up for a secured credit card to receive zero-fee cash advances from the card. You can receive funds two days earlier, and like Chime, members have access to 55,000+ Allpoint ATMs with their Visa debit card.
- A checking account has no monthly fees and no hidden costs of any type.
- Apply for direct deposit and you might be paid up to two days sooner.
- Earn cashback when you use your Varo debit card to make online purchases.
- There is no minimum fee to start a checking account.
- Can withdraw at any of the 55,000+ Allpoint ATMs.
- Use GreenDot reload to deposit cash at over 90,000 retail locations.
- When depositing cash at GreenDot outlets, retailer costs apply.
- There are out-of-network ATM surcharges.
- A daily and monthly deposit limit is in place.
Schwab is another online app like chime, however, unlike Varo, Schwab has no account minimum and allows access to over 4,000 ETFs with $100 or fewer investment requirements.
Many international travelers prefer Charles Schwab’s online checking because it offers limitless ATM fee reimbursements and waives foreign ATM costs. Paper checks, online bill pay, and mobile deposit are all available for free.
Schwab also includes financial tools that allow traders to monitor their portfolios and markets, as well as access research and technical data. It has an easy-to-use trade ticket for stock, ETF, and options orders that combines current market data.
In addition, your total account balance receives 0.03 percent APY. This interest rate is higher than the rates on certain online checking accounts. Furthermore, you are not required to maintain a large account balance. If you do not wish to invest, you should avoid Charles Schwab.
- There are no ATM fees anywhere in the world.
- Deposits generate interest.
- Users can obtain paper checks.
- Trading in free stocks and ETFs.
- The interest rate is lower than the interest rate on comparable high-interest checking accounts.
- A Schwab One brokerage account is also required.
- Some mutual funds charge exorbitant fees.
7. Capital One 360
Capital One 360 is a chime-like app that provides competitive banking alternatives such as checking and savings accounts, corporate and commercial bank accounts, and auto loans.
When you open an account with Capital One 360, you will not be charged any account fees and will not be required to maintain a minimum amount. The good news is that your full account balance generates interest, but the savings APY is poor.
Unlike Chime, your first paper checks are completely free upon request, and you can visit a real branch via Capital One Cafes. You can also pay bills using online bill pay or your debit card.
- Help you manage your money for free on a monthly basis
- Withdraw funds from any of the over 40,000 Capital One and Allpoint ATMs.
- You can deposit checks from the comfort of your mobile phone.
- You can now get your pay.
- Pays an extremely high-interest rate of up to 0.60 percent.
- You will not be charged any foreign transaction fees.
- There are no money market accounts. You may have to pay out-of-network ATM fees.
- There are few and far between branches.
- Savings rates are never at their peak.
N26 is a free mobile banking service that can replace your current bank since it is easier to use, makes managing your finances easier (via sub-accounts), and offers checking accounts with no monthly fees and no minimum balance requirement.
On N26, you can easily send and receive payments, track all of your costs with useful visual reports, set money aside for savings, and spend at your leisure with the N26 debit card.
N26 provides cashback with partner retailers, and when you set up direct deposit, you may receive funds faster than with traditional banking. It also includes access to a network of 55,000 ATM machines.
You can start using N26 before your debit card arrives, or you can establish a virtual card to make quick online payments. There’s also N26 insurance if that’s something you’re interested in. As a result, it is the best chime alternative.
- There are no monthly fees and no minimum balance requirements.
- Direct deposit can be two days faster than traditional banks.
- 55,000 in-network ATMs are available for free.
- Cashback is available on a variety of transactions.
- Options for organizing money into sub-accounts to facilitate budgeting.
- The FDIC insures the accounts.
- There is no overdraft protection.
- There is no branch access.
- Savings generate no interest.
Recently launched in January 2021 as a division of Green Dot Bank.
GO2Bank is a banking app similar to Chime that is intended to be a checking and savings hybrid for people who do not have regular bank accounts.
GO2Bank offers great features such as the option to deposit cash at a local business, cash a check from a mobile app, receive 7 percent instant cashback, and even save money at a far better rate, all while offering three levels of overdraft protection.
The bank provides basic $10 coverage for any amount of direct deposits, premium $100 coverage for two $200+ direct deposits within a 35-day window, and premium $200 coverage for two $400+ direct deposits within the same period.
GO2bank can help you improve your credit score while also providing you with a GO2Bank Visa debit card that you may use on a daily basis without impacting your credit history. When you request a deposit, you may be able to access direct deposit funds up to two days earlier.
- You can earn 1% on savings accounts of up to $5,000.
- Direct deposit payments could be accessed up to two days early.
- provides a secured credit card with no hidden expenses or fees.
- Assist you in establishing a stable credit history.
- With qualifying direct deposit, there are no monthly costs.
- ATM and retail network that is extensive for cash withdrawals and deposits.
- FDIC-insured accounts.
- If you do not sign up for the qualifying direct deposit, you will be charged a $5 monthly membership fee.
- To qualify for maximum overdraft protection, the account must receive at least two direct deposits of $400 or more each (within a 35-day period).
- Transfers from the GO2Bank account to external bank accounts are not permitted.
If you want an easier way to make or receive payments online, Lili, like Chime, should be your go-to app. Aside from making transfers easier, Lili also assists clients with their taxes, bills, and even expenditure reports.
Furthermore, Lili can assist you with receiving and spending money with a Visa debit card. Lili is a wonderful fit for freelancers or anyone who gets paid online for offering services of any kind, even if you aren’t a business.
With no minimum balance requirements and no hidden fees, it’s a terrific app for keeping track of your money and managing your expenses in one spot.
You can also set up automatic emergency savings and expense tracking to find and decrease overhead costs. Furthermore, the Lili account includes an optional business debit card, which makes it easy to keep track of purchases, receipts, and deductions.