If you are a big fan of gaming with handheld consoles and you are in search of the best PSP shooting games you can download and enjoy for free on your PSP or PPSSPP emulator? Being a PSP shooter gamer myself i understand how frustrating this is, But you dont have to worry cos you are on the right page.
In this article i come up with a psp shooting games list of some of the top rated action-packed shooting game for PSP out there, some of which i have been opportuned to play while some i cant wait to get my hand blood stained with it.
Have it in mind that this article will contain different types of shooter psp games you are looking for, some of which might be first person shooting games for psp, third person shooter psp games, or Tactical shooter, etc and wont take much space on your device since they are all well compressed.
Recommended > Top 10 Games Like Candy Crush Saga for Android and iOS
Which PSP Shooting Game Has the Best Graphics?
Graphic is an important aspect of gaming, therefore it is always important to lookout for the graphics when you choosing a shooting game for psp.
Not all shooter psp games has a great graphics, some are average, while there are some that standout, In this artice 5 of the ones that standout ones are;
- Call of Duty: Roads to Victory.
- Brothers in Arms: D-Day.
- James Bond: From Russia with Love.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas.
- SWAT: Target Liberty.
Top 10 Best PSP Shooting Games List
This section is a list of free shooting games for psp for all fellow lovers of PSP shooting games. Most of this games are thrilling and suspenseful which will means you should be careful while playing else, you might spend the whole day with an handheld gaming console.
- Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
- Brothers in Arms: D-Day
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- James Bond: From Russia with Love
- SWAT: Target Liberty
- SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo
- Army of Two: The 40th Day
- Coded Arms
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas
- Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
Activision’s WWII-based series, Call of Duty, is a First-person shooting game available also on PSP since 2007. It is outdated, but the game remains golden among other video games on PSP.
Just like the real WWII story, the major villains in the game are the German forces. The game made available WWII weapons that you can explore and pick up the ones used by dead enemies. Therefore, joining up with your co-soldiers is the way to eliminate the Germans along with their machines.
While playing the game, you will come across enemies with tanks, rocket launchers, and other heavy fire powers which makes it so intriguing as it would keep you curious about the next turn of events from your enemies.
- Similar to Call of Duty 3 on the PlayStation 2.
- You might have a feel of using CoDuty 3 map editor.
- Amazing game controls for a first-person PSP shooter.
- Taking the guns of a bomber is crazy fun.
- The repetitive, uninspiring gameplay quickly becomes boring.
- There are several game-crashing problems.
- There is no offline play – it is only available online.
- Storyline is too short, as the game takes only five hours to complete.
Download CoD for PSP Click to Download
Brothers in Arms: D-Day
Brothers in Arms: D-Day is a first-person shooter for PSP. Ubisoft in 2006. Having played this game on my Nokia Symbian smartphone, it was interesting to explore it on my PSP emulator.
The D-Day is a must-play PSP shooting game since it exemplifies portability in a unique way. The first mission alone indicates that the game will feature intense action shooting.
This edition has adapted a few plots from World War II, which it did an excellent job of presenting several weaponry used at the time, so if you don’t want to miss out on this game, click the download button below and enjoy this action-packed FPS shooting game.
- Ideal for fans of portable gaming versions.
- The lively tune has returned, and it can be heard throughout the load screens.
- The cinematic touch that the game provides through the cutscene is very outstanding.
- Situational Awareness provides you with an advantage over your enemies.
- The Medium difficulty setting is less demanding.
- As a Pro-shooter, The poor enemy AI will put you off.
- The sound of the talk does not always come through well on the PSP speakers.
- The players’ movements are slow and appear to be caricature flaws.
Download BIA: D-Day Click to download
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
SWB: Elite Squadron is a third-person shooter PSP game that is a lite version of the canceled Battlefront 3 project from 2005/2006. Despite the fact that it has been recreated, it remains one of the best Star Wars games for mobile devices. which is makes it a must-have for Star Wars aficionados.
The plot is highly intriguing as the character takes on the role of an elite trooper under the leadership of his general, Feroda. X2 and his brother X1 are sent to a variety of assignments, including protecting a training camp and fighting in other wars.
The story mode is divided into three (3) levels: Normal, Medium, and Hard. Another unique aspect of this game is the incentive to retry the story at least three times in order to acquire all of the colors, inventory selections, and other adventurous features.
- This PSP shooting game is an excellent place to start for newcomers because it forms lifelong ties with players!
- You can fight on the ground or in space.
- Available in both offline and online modes.
- There are numerous customization choices, such as colors, inventory upgrades, better damage guns, and so on.
- Controls are poor, making it tough to target enemies.
- It takes some time to latch on to a target.
- When the auto-targeting mechanism locks on random enemies it can fail.
- In melee battle, it’s tough to see what’s going on. Weapons are moving, but you’re not clear who is winning; a perplexing and stressful situation.
- The camera angles and character movement can be faulty and awkward because they are controlled by the analog nub.
- It is tough to register commands which may cause your weapon to occasionally have no effect on an enemy.
Download SWB: Elite Squadron click to download
James Bond: From Russia with Love
From Russia with Love is a popular 3rd person shooter game released in 2005 by Electronic Arts (EA). The game is very simple and similar to everything about the film, from the plot to the characters, villains, soundtrack, and so on.
The game’s plot revolves around the kidnapping of the UK Prime Minister’s daughter at a party by the antagonist organization Octopus. Fortunately, Bond was also present at the party, albeit with different plans, and he saved the day as usual.
Bond has access to a wide range of heavy weapons, including machine guns, rocket launchers, AK47 assault rifles, SMGs, and pistols. He uses jetpacks, speedboats, and other means to get around his foes while attempting to complete the mission’s goals. This third person shooter psp games has 14 different levels.
Whether or not you liked the movie, you will undoubtedly fall in love with this game, and despite the story being a blend of the movie’s original plot, it also develops whole new segments.
- It has a flawlessly matched controls that suits the game.
- Excellent sense of retro style
- The chill soundtrack complements the film’s.
- Some of the best parts of the film are missing from the game’s story.
- Weak and uninteresting multiplayer.
- in-ability to move when concentrated on an enemy, leaves player exposed to attacks.
Download James Bond: FRWL – click to download
SWAT: Target Liberty
SWAT: Target Liberty is the most genuine and realistic squad-based tactical warfare shooter available for the PSP handheld system. The third-person tactical shooter game was created by 3G Studios and released by Vivendi Games.
The plot begins when gang violence sponsored by an Asian group becomes common in New York City. As a result, a SWAT officer named Kurt Wolfe is sent to completely destroy this terror gang and its ambitions. Weapons in the game include assault rifles, handguns, grenades, and so on.
- The AI for teammates is quite good.
- The game graphics are too wonderful to be true; they appear to be real.
- It may be challenging to keep up with the gameplay’s pace.
- The game will take no more than six hours to complete if you are a full-time gamer.
- The stealth features of the games are insufficient to elicit next move tension.
Download SWAT: TL – click to download
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo
This PlayStation Portable shooting game is a tactical shooter video game created by Zipper Interactive and published by Sony Computer Entertainment in 2005. The primary character of the game is Sandman, as you will suppose. It is also your responsibility to direct your comrade Lonestar through the game’s assignments.
Because the shooting game is a tactical shooter, you must be extremely vigilant because the enemy behave tactically and faster than you might imagine. That doesn’t mean you can’t complete all of the game’s mission objectives.
There is no doubt that SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo is one of the best PSP shooting games, and as a shooting game enthusiast, I guarantee that you will become addicted to playing this game in no time.
- Excellent multiplayer modes. You can play with up to 16 other people both online and offline.
- The UI is detailed and clean, with good character motion.
- The sound effects and music are also excellent (especially when playing online with headsets).
- Frame rate reduces as you play from time to time.
- The ease of the lock-on mechanism can be a turnoff for some players.
- Few bugs do come up when playing online.
Download SNS: FB – click to download
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Another good PSP shooting game is Army of Two: The 40th Day, a third-person shooter in which your goal is to simply get out of Dodge. Salem and Rios, two mercenaries reprising their roles from The 40th Day’s predecessor, Army of Two, make up the army.
The 40th Day occurred over a few days in Shanghai as Rios and Salem executed missions for their private military business, TransWorld Operations. They took a simple contract for a massive payment and didn’t anticipate any difficulties in completing their obligations.
The game was designed to be played jointly, either locally (through split-screen) or online.
- The voice actors’ comedic timing was excellent in their voice banter.
- The game’s interface, including the graphics, is diversified and fascinating.
- Implementation of cooperation techniques amongst the players, albeit on a low level, and is not satisfying.
- Weapon modification is limited. Players can only change their weapons at specified merchant locations, which limits their options.
- Online play usually lags.
- This game is best enjoyed in multiplayer mode because the AI can be frustrating when played alone.
Download AoT: T40thD – Click to download
Konami developed and published CODED ARMs a first-person shooter game for PSP users in 2005. The game is about protecting the cyber-world from viruses, and it has six levels with various bosses at each level, as well as over 30 different weaponry and multiplayer modes.
What you must do is break into the system database and take high-value data in exchange for fame and large profits. To advance, you must defeat each opposing unit as usual.
- The games run smoothly on PSP, with a steady frame rate and short load times.
- Many weapons to customize and select with the outstanding graphics engine.
- Multiplayer has three levels and allows up to four players.
- For starters, Coded Arms’ default control scheme is complete trash, as it takes a bit of doing.
- The levels in the game are kind of repetitive and crappy.
- The audio is not impressive enough – no voice work and the guns give a less-than-normal sound.
Download CODED ARMS – click to download
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas is a superb first-person shooter PSP shooting game that you will undoubtedly appreciate. It was created and published on November 21, 2006 by Ubisoft.
The game follows Logan, a member of a special squad – Rainbow operatives – dispatched on a mission to capture a popular terrorist leader. Logan and two other members were unfortunately captured by the terrorist.
He was able to flee, and the future of global security is in jeopardy because Tom is the only one who can fight the extremists and defend traditional Vegas landmarks and environs like Fremont Street, the Strip, and casinos.
- The first-person and third-person tactical shooting motions were successfully blended in the game.
The cover mechanics and high-tech gear are of the highest caliber.
- The single-player version is only five levels long.
- The game may be completed in three to five hours.
- The experience of being in Vegas falls far short of expectations.
Download TCRS: Vegas – Click to download
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is a first-person shooter video game for the PSP. It is the 12th installment in the long-running Medal of Honor World War II video game franchise. The campaign is the majority of the experience and is extremely rewarding in general.
This PSP game has more material and is more polished than earlier editions. Enemies can be incredibly challenging at times, forcing you to burrow down and play with strategy. There is almost probable that you will find your favorite FPS shooting game features in it.
- Up to 32 players can have maximum fun online.
- The gameplay is really appealing.
- Controls are effective and amazing, as shots can be made precisely anywhere on the battlefield.
- AI is nothing to write home about because you may choose its difficulty.
- There isn’t much time left to finish the game.
- The storyline and mission are poorly integrated.
Download MoH: Heroes 2 – Click to download
You Might Like > 8 Legit Web Sites Like G2A Alternatives To Buy And Sell Keys
Whether you are a beginner or an season player looking to have some fun playing shooter games, each of the games on this list will meet your gaming demands, keep you glued to your screen, and help you have the most fun.
Please download the shooting psp games that you deem worthy, and if there are any other first or third person shooter psp games that you believe should have made the list but were not, please let us know via the comment section.