Although the “pay in 4” service, commonly known as the “buy now, pay later”, dates back to the 19th century, the internet, however, made it widely accessible, which in turn contributed to its popularity among shoppers online.
As we all are aware, “Buy Now, Pay Later” or BNPL is a service that allows customers to pay for products they purchased now and then spread out their payment for the items rather than paying the full amount at once.
Everything about BNPL service has always been in the favor of the consumers, however, there is always a point where things go south, guess where? the accepted banks.
Most BNPL don’t work with all banks; some only accept a few. Therefore, if you use Chime, it is best to find out if the BNPL service you are interested in is compatible with Chime bank accounts or cards.
In this article, I’ll show you a variety of Which Buy Now Pay Later Accepts Chime Banks or Debit Card, as well as how to connect Chime with the Pay in 4 services and which ones are not compatible with Chime and why.
Recommended > 8 Best Instant Cash Advance Apps That Work With Chime
Founded in Australia, Afterpay is a buy now pay later app that offers Buy Now, Pay Later service to the people of the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
Afterpay accepts Chime as a means of payment. As a result, if you have Chime and use it as your bank you can connect it and use it to pay back your Afterpay interest-free installments when the time comes. [Read More here > Does Afterpay Accept Chime?]
Afterpay works such that your payment is split into four installments with no interest. The first one which is 25% of the total amount has to be paid initially after shopping. While the remaining three installments can be paid within the next 6 weeks.
On the other hand, Afterpay accepts all major debit and credit cards, plus It also works with your Chime debit card, you can do this by setting it up as an automatic payment method when your installment is due.
How to Connect Chime Bank to Afterpay?
To add Chime bank to your Afterpay account, do the following:
- Launch the app or website, and go to ”Settings.”
- While in the ”Settings” Click on ”Payment methods.”
- Now choose the “Add payment method” button.
- Click on “Bank account.”
- Then link your Chime Bank account to Afterpay using your login information (you don’t need to provide your routing or account numbers!)
How to Link Your Chime Debit Card to Afterpay?
To add Chime cards to Afterpay, do the following:
- Launch the app or website.
- Select My Account
- Select the icon that looks like a card, i.e., the billing section.
- Select the “Add Payment method”
- Provide your required chime debit card details.
- Then set it as the preferred card.
Note: Once you have connected chime bank or card to your Afterpay account, Your chime bank account will be automatically charged whenever your payment deadline is due.
Being a United States company that offers Buy now, Pay later services, Affirm is a pay in 4 that works with Chime bank to pay off your installments. [Read more on Does Affirm Accept Chime]
As a user, you may use Affirm to pay for a product you bought at any of the shopping centers where affirm is accepted and then choose to repay affirm at your own pace, maybe a period of every 2 weeks or monthly installments.
Some of Affirm’s selling points are; The interest-free rate, no penalty, the ability to pick a payback schedule that works for you and your budget, and no hidden fees.
Because Affirm supports both the Chime bank account or Chimes debit card, linking your chime account or debit card to affirm to use it as a payment method for your installment should come with ZERO stress.
How to Link My Chime Bank to Affirm?
To link your chime bank account to affirm, you would have to use the plaid service system, Affirm do this so as to ensure a secured and safe operation.
For you to connect your chime bank to affirm, you need to do the following:
- Open the Affirm app or website.
- Log in with your details.
- At the home screen bottom, Click on the “profile icon”. ‘The profile icon looks like a person’s face and upper body.’
- In the profile section, Click on “settings” to continue.
- In settings, select “Payment Method.”
- You’ll be asked to choose the method, “Bank account or Debit card.”
- In this case, choose “Add Bank Account (ACH)” to add chime bank.
- Select either a business or personal account, the one that’s correct for you.
- Enter your bank account details like Routing number, Account number, and your details for verification.
- Then, select “Add Bank Account” to continue. And you’re done.
How Can I Connect My Chime Debit Card to Affirm?
You can add your Chime card to Affirm. For you to add your card, you need to do the following:
- Open the Affirm app or website.
- Log in with your details
- Select “profile icon” from the home screen’s bottom. ‘The profile icon looks like a person’s face and upper body.’
- In the profile section, select settings to continue.
- In settings, select Payment Method.
- In the Payment Method, select the “Add debit card option.”
- Provide the required chime debit card details and you’re done.
Note: Once you have linked your chime bank or debit card to your affirm account, Your chime bank account will be automatically charged whenever your payment deadline is due.
Quadpay, now called zip, is another Buy Now Pay Later app that works with Chime banks and debit cards. Founded in 2013, Zip is an Australian public limited financial technology company and is headquartered in Sydney. [Read more on Does ZIP Accept Chime]
When you use Zip to make a purchase, the total will be divided into four interest-free payments, which you may then pay at your own leisure.
To use Zip with chime, download the zip app and link your chime bank or debit card, Zip will then bill your linked chime bank four times—one on the date of purchase and three more times every two weeks afterward.
How to Add Chime Bank to Zip?
To add your chime bank account to zip, follow the process below;
- Launch the app and log in.
- Select the HOME tab.
- Select the account tile.
- In the top right corner, click on “Manage.”
- Choose “Change payment method.”
- Select “Add bank account,” and add your chime bank account number.
- Select SAVE.
How Can I Link My Chime Debit Card to Zip?
To add your Chime debit card to Quadpay, do the following:
- Launch the app and log in.
- Go to the HOME screen.
- Select your account tile (Zip Pay/Zip Money)
- In the top right corner click “Manage”
- Select the “change payment method.”
- Enter your chime debit card details
- Be sure to set it as the default.
- Click SAVE
Pro tip: Please make sure your Chime debit card has enough money before connecting it to Zip so that Zip can pre-authorize a $1 to $5 transaction.
Operating in the United States and Canada, Sezzle is a financial technology company headquartered in Minneapolis, U.S that provides an alternative payment platform (BNPL) offering interest-free installment plans at selected online stores. [Read more on Does sezzle Accept Chime]
Unfortunately, Sezzle does not support Chime banks, however, it does accept the Chime debit card. This implies that while your Chime bank account cannot be connected to Sezzle, you can do so and use your Chime debit card to pay off your payments.
How to Link Chime Debit Card to Sezzle?
To add your chime debit card to sezzle, do the following:
- On your Sezzle dashboard, go to Payment Methods.
- Select “Add a new debit/credit card” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, enter your Chime Debit card information.
- After you’ve added Chime, you can choose to charge all future installments by selecting it and clicking the “Set as default” option.
A well-known company that offers pay in four services, Klarna is a buy now, pay later company. Because Klarna has been operating for a while, it has been well known for guaranteeing that its customers receive the best BNPL service available.
It’s no doubt that the service offered by both klarna and chime is 100% safe. While klarna allows its users to buy now and pay later, Its anti-fraud team, transaction verification, and monitoring make the entire payment process safe and secure.
The sad thing here is that, Although this previously worked in the past, however for some unannounced reasons klarna does not support chime banks or debit cards anymore. It is reported that this is an error from the end of klarna. [Read more on Does Klarna Accept Chime]
On the other hand, if you do have a chime credit builder card you can surprisingly link it with your klarna to make a purchase as it seems that klarna works with chime credit builder card.
if you already use Klarna and plan to continue doing so, you can opt for other well-known credit and debit cards that are accepted by Klarna which include Visa Card, MasterCard, Discover, and Maestro, among others.
You Might Like > Does Chime Work With Zelle, How Does It Work?
Conclusion on BNPL That Accepts Chime
As you can see, the majority of well-known apps for “Buy Now, Pay Later” accept Chime and generally work well with both the chime bank and debit card.
Others, like Klarna and Sezzle, can be a little more challenging, but you can try using a Chime Credit Builder Card/chime debit card to improve your chances of success with Klarna and sezzle respectively.